- 2 frozen chicken breasts (yup, I did say FROZEN)
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (you can choose any flavor you like: taco, mexican, colby jack, etc. I chose reduced fat marble jack (a combo of marbled cheddar and colby jack)).
- Place the frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Add the can of rotel and cheese to your liking.
3. Cook on low for 8 hours.
4. Ta-Da! Finally a crockpot recipe that only yields 2 servings (you could add more if desired).
Day one: I'm eating this with a side of mexican rice and peas.
Day two: I'm taking it to work, shredding the chicken breast (pulling it apart using forks), placing it in the microwave, putting it into a whole wheat tortilla, and adding cheese and salsa to my liking for a chicken taco that my co-workers are sure to be jealous of :)
Seeing as it is Thursday and I'm worn out enough to need a siesta, this was the perfect meal for a day like today. Escaping work, whining PT clients, and this wintery slush to an apartment with the scent of a Mexican fiesta wafting on by is the perfect way to welcome my almost-weekend.