Thursday, February 9, 2012

Gateways and guardians.

Today is a Thursday. And much like any other Pre-Friday (because let's be honest, isn't Thursday just the countdown to Friday?), I worked the typical 9-5 shift. Anyone who knows me, knows that I adore my job and the people with which I work (minus a few non-compliant over-the-top-whining clients); however, there is just something in the pit of my stomach (and no it's not the cheesy potato soup I made on the stove last night) as I get ready to go for my run every Thursday morning that fills me dread for the day to come. The two culprits include BOSU and Bag N' Box. These are the two classes that I unknowingly assigned myself to teach every Thursday. They draw small crowds based on their time frames and equipment used so, for some reason my attitude toward them is less than pleasant each week, and by less than pleasant I mean downright dreadful.  Every other part of my Thursday is wonderful, I get to sleep in until 7:00 am, which I've learned is equivalent to 10:00 am as a teenager, start my day with a fast-[aced run, see 2 of my favorite personal training clients, and I really enjoy working with the people that I do. Not to mention, everyone is in a pretty decent mood seeing as they are looking forward to the almost-weekend (kind of like a pre-friday...you'll understand my lingo soon enough). So, next Thursday, I'm deciding to take a little different perspective. Why should one thirty minute class and another 45 minute class ruin my entire attitude, let alone, day? The answer is, it shouldn't.  So, tonight over a quesadilla filled with peppers, onions, turkey, cheese, and salsa along with some brown rice, I'm taking on a new perspective. A more positive perspective on the whole Pre-Friday situation. We all have a choice. A choice of who we are and who we become.  A choice of what our attitude looks like and how we project it. A choice of our perspective and what we let influence it. Tonight, I'm choosing to keep it positive. Life is too short to worry, and I've got the best Guardian/Body Guard for which a girl could ask. Seeing as I have to work tomorrow morning at 4:45 AYYY EMMMM, my night is already starting to wind down.  This includes soft lighting (graciously provided by the newest edition to my living room), a little pandora action, a good book that I can't seem to put down, and most likely some popcorn mixed with m&m's (my favorite combo).



Life is good especially with a fresh perspective. What "first world" problems could possibly be worse than anything those in other parts of the world have to endure? I'll help you out on this one.  None.  So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. There's no need to complicate; our time is short.  And you can thank Mr. Jason Mraz for those wise sentiments.



"I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckonging us onward- toward Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back." {Philippians 3:12-14}

I don't know about you, but I'm lacing up my Nikes and pounding the pavement.

Every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment