Saturday, February 11, 2012

Looks can be deceiving.

Today is one of those days where the weather matches The Real Housewives of _______ (pick a city, and fill in the blank). It appears to be a beautiful day based on looks, but the temperature is ironically, dramatically brutal.  I guess I shouldn't be complaining since up until this past week, we've had a rather balmy winter, and I can't say I was mad about it. That dumb groundhog. Anyway, today has been the perfect day for a packed out hour-long spin class workout, a nice hot shower, a good conversation with one of my favorite co-workers, and mostly hibernating away with some college basketball, my newest art project, and an oven full of cake mix cookies.  It's a perfect afternoon if I do say so myself.  All leading up to the perfect evening where I will (attempt to) brave the cold again and head to the little 8 year old drama queen's house where I have a fabulous reunion, only fitting for a fabulous 8 year old, planned for us. Crafts and Pizza. Movies and Baking. Playing house and Bedtime stories. All in a (winter) days work.



3 Ingredients and 3 Steps: Cake Mix Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 1 cake mix of your choice (I prefer to use those entitled "super moist" because it helps the cookies stay softer for longer)- this time I chose Devil's Food.
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
  2. Place 1 1/2 inch balls on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.  Let cookies cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
  3. Enjoy! These cookies were originally introduced to me by the famous Bette Bagnall. Easy enough that they can be made during the halftime of your College Basketball Rivalry game of choice. Grandma B tested, Janel approved.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Janel. Your cookies looked yummy! Hope you enjoyed your evening and glad you arrived back home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grandma! Me too. It's always entertaining to see the little one, and it's never a bad deal to get paid for the hours I slept on their couch after she went to bed :)

    ReplyDelete