Thursday, March 15, 2012

Perfect Printemps (that's French for Spring) and plates with pesto.

Still loving this summer-like Spring.  Earlier this week I made a recipe for Pesto Stuffed Chicken from a recipe that I adapted from here.  It was my first try, and I always get nervous about making sure I cook chicken long enough, but it turned out SO well.  I made two chicken breasts worth so I could eat 1 that night with a side of brown rice and broccoli, and I'm eating the other tonight cut up over a bed of whole grain pasta and a touch of marinara!  So, if the name of your game is quick and easy (so, you can spend longer hours out in this lovely weather) then this is a perfect recipe for you!


Pesto Stuffed Chicken

You will need:
  • 2 skinlesss, boneless chicken breasts (pounded flat with a meat pounder...technical term I think or a hammer covered in saran wrap if you are less pampered chef and more innovative, fat trimmed...IMPORTANT STEP)
  • 2 Tablespoons of Pesto
  • 2 Tablespoons of light sour cream
  • 2 Tablespoons of reduced fat mozzarella cheese

Directions:

1.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2.  Mix pesto, sour cream, and cheese.  Spread evenly on the chicken breasts.



3.  Roll up the chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks.



4.  Place on the greased baking dished and cover with foil.
5.  Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and flip over. Continue baking for another 12 minutes.
6.  I poured the excess sauce that spilled out from the pan over the chicken breasts, naturally. Enjoy!




Happy Thursday everyone!  I hope you are all getting a chance to enjoy the weather as much as I am :)


1 comment:

  1. You are doing such a great job of eating healthy. I am proud of you !!!

    ReplyDelete