Monday, March 5, 2012

Rubber gloves and trust falls.

As I get closer and closer to my 23rd birthday, I continue to trip over more and more learning opportunities. The most recent lasted an entire week, and while I was busy learning to put my trust where it belongs and give my anxiety the deuces, life was busy continuing on as it always does (with or without you). No matter how much we may try with all of our might we are unable to slow time when we’re enjoying ourselves, make it speed up when we’re anticipating something in the near future, or even stop it when we’re in the very moments that define the sheer bliss within our lives, though we may make a valiant effort. The seconds will keep passing us by, and if we don’t take advantage of our time on this Earth, it will be gone before we know it. At the risk of sounding morbid, I will stop with those few sentiments, but just remember everyday when you wake up, make sure to use your precious minutes to best of your ability. There’s no need to complicate; our time is short. Everyday is what you make of it, so spend yours wisely. Time flies, time passes, time drags, time is even lost, and yet, sometimes time is on our side…Anyway, this song may be a little harder rock than some of you are used to, but it's one that's on the "shuffle" at the fitness center and I've fallen in love with it.  Life is beautiful and sometimes alarmingly short. So soak it up, live it up, and leave it up to the One who will always be there to catch you.  Happy Monday, kiddos!



No comments:

Post a Comment