Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ribbons and Revamps.

It was overhaul weekend at the apartment, and trust me, it was definitely necessary.  When life gets busy I have a tendency to let the everyday life stuff get pushed aside in lieu of spending time with friends, longer runs, reading books, catching more z's, and just about anything else.  So, it was time. I cleaned and scrubbed, I vacuumed and shoved. I did laundry and dishes.  I also took EVERYTHING out of my drawers and closet (which wasn't as hard as you'd think considering at least 45% of it was already laying on my floor) in order to revamp, reorganize, and refold.  I'm always looking for ways to add more color into my apartment (sans paint since that's not allowed) so, this weekend was about ribbon.  They may seem like simple touches, but I found it to be quite adorable.  Here is the boring wardrobe-holder at the start (and actually I should have taken a picture with the drawers open and the deleterious spilling out):


And with the final touches (Stef would call them Janelisms):

 
Another Ta-Da moment! It may seem simple, but sometimes the simplest things can brighten a day!



1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea. It sure did add color. I think I recognize the dresser !! Hope you weathered the storm last night !!

    ReplyDelete