Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful Thursdays.

  • New opportunities with work.
  • Private jets with entertaining pilots and Indiana Jones humor.
  • The fact that I can eat as much as a 13 year old boy and be okay with it.  Okay, more like I'm thankful that I can eat as much as a 13 year old boy and have friends and parents who do not judge me accordingly...or at least in front of my face.
  • A break from the routine.
  • This verse: "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.  Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's eyes."- 1 Peter 3:3-4
  • A home-cooked meal waiting on the table when I get home.
  • Not having groceries or the gumption to go buy them and still finding something bomb to make for dinner (thank you, 2 year old pancake mix).
  • My co-workers.
  • My boss and our bonding time? Yeah, what?!  Change in attitude (thanks to the Big Man Upstairs). I know.
  • Sunshiney days.
  • The extension of fall.
  •  Fro yo.  With just about every topping imaginable except for those weird marble-looking things. Not havin' that.
  • Foraging through woods on the trails with the original adventurer (a.k.a. The Darbster).
  • Time well spent over dinner with friends.  Also, the dinner part.
  • Getting lost in a good book.
  •  Laughing until I go silent and can't breathe and think I'm literally going to die, which is not really that funny, but I literally cannot make myself stop (mamacita, you know exactly what story I'm referring to).
  • Accepting myself where I’m at, but always pushing on for more.
  • Enjoying the exact moment I’m in.
  • Never being content or complacent with my faith walk, but happy and always craving more.
  • Finding a new song to put on repeat! Lecrae, you make my day.  Also, Ben Rector, Mumford and Sons, The Lumineers. Michael, and Jack. Holla!
  •  Phone convo's with the 8 year old drama queen.  Yes, yes she does have a cell phone now.  Yes, yes she was smart enough to go through her dad's phone in order to get my number.  Yes, yes we do have some very interesting conversations about gummy worms, Monopoly, chalking the sidewalk, her new babysitter and the pranks they play on her, and the boy down the street....her very first crush :)
  • Speaking of...crushes.
  • Not setting an alarm.
  • Snail mail.  
  • Seeing an e-mail pop up in my inbox from the people who make my day that much better!
  • Days where I climb into bed, completely spent of every ounce of energy I was given, big sleepy grin on my face, and fall right to sleep.
  • Grandparent wisdom.
  • Unconditional love.
  • This statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment