Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Life on purpose.

Living a life of intention is often something that slips my mind, but what better time to start living on purpose than the present?  So many times I get to the end of the day and wonder where the time has gone or what did I even do with my day or why is my life such a blur or what did I eat for lunch or did I remember to use shampoo...or sometimes I don't even think these things at all. My head hits the pillow, my to-do list for tomorrow runs through my brain, I probably respond to a few texts, a few prayers are sent upstairs, and a few special thoughts slowly rock me to sleep.  But a few recent events have spurred me into letting my mind wander and dream and pray about where I really want to be in this life, what my purpose really is.  I may not know the p's and q's of my future road map, and actually I probably don't even know where my next turn will be, nor will I ever.  But in the meantime, why not live each day like the gift we've been given?  Why not wake up and get out of bed with intention?  Lace up those Nike's and hit the road because we've got some heavenly real estate to share with others and plenty of living on purpose to do.  Each breath is something to cherish, each smile, each phone call, each interaction- unique and precious.  So, stop taking things for granted and start wearing out the things you've been given to use because you've only got one life to live.

"Have I not not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment