Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thankful Thursdays {snow day edition}.

  • My first official adult snow day! Filled with sleeping in, baking, present-wrapping, music-listening, movie-watching, reading, resting, cleaning, packing, and homemade pizza-making. I need more of these in my life.  Like maybe once a week?!
  • Finding potential.
  • A 90's Christmas Music Pandora station over the loudspeaker at work. All. Day. Long. Love me some old school N'Sync.
  • Becoming more efficient.
  • Homemade fudge.
  • Exercise endorphins.
  • Sleeping in a dark room.
  • "Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?!"
  • Finding purpose in the everyday details.
  • The silence of the first real snowfall.
  • This verse: "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."- Isaiah 55:8-9.
  • Teaching a really good class that leaves people sore and coming back for more.
  • Thoughtfulness.
  • Fleece blankets.
  • Choosing your attitude on the daily.
  • Waking up without an alarm.
  • Wrapping Christmas presents...okay, okay using bags and tissue paper...
  • The anticipation of someone opening the presents I got them :)
  • THIS PASSAGE...one of the best things I've implemented in a long time. Seriously. In love.

  • Having something to look forward to.
  • Fridays.
  • Phone convo's with the cuz.
  • Feeling so incredibly loved and surrounded by support.
  • Two words: THE DARBSTER.
  • Santa's nice list.
  • Iowa State gear.
  • Home Alone.
  • Houses that go all out with Christmas lights.


Have a lovely day, kiddo's!  Can't wait to see you all over Christmas :)   In the meantime, let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment