Friday, January 18, 2013

Let go and let God (cliche, but I'm stealing it).

How much do you hate it when you forget a lesson you already learned and have to re-learn it the painful way?

A. As much as Obamacare.
B. As much as the dice on the rearview mirror trend.
C. As much as Lebron James' ego.
D. All of the above X 100.

The answer is D, ladies and gentlemen.  Will I ever forget how to spell the word "puppy"?  No, no.  No. No. Absolutely not.  No. And when did I learn that lesson? Second grade?  So, why in the world can I not remember a lesson that I have learned 82347893274893274897428934 times over my lifetime?  Yeah, don't worry.  God is chillin' in Heaven probably wondering the same thing.  What is this critical lesson you ask?  Okay, so probably you couldn't care less, but don't care.  This is my blog.  Lesson numero 72: if you are still stressed/anxious/worried/insomniatic over an issue or life or a question then guess what?  Slap yourself in the forehead after you say for the third time that you've "already given it up to God" because you are a liar.  If you have truly given that burden to God then you truly should feel a huge sense of relief in giving up control.  You shouldn't be up late at night worrying about the things to come.  You shouldn't feel burnt out.  You should be making God priority numero uno.  You should have energy to serve others.  You shouldn't be eating your body weight in M&M's.  Although, I don't even know who would ever do such a thing.  Right.  So, here's the deal.  Why do I still not have faith that He is in control of where I'm going to live, what my next move is,   how to get my dream job, where I'm going to be in a year, who I'm going to impact tomorrow, the words I'm going to choose today, the foods I'm going to eat for dinner?  Because being truthful with yourself is the first step.  Spending quality time in conversation with my Main Man?  Also, key.  And giving up control, my friends, can be a very beautiful thing.  So, before you speak the words: "I've already given it to God" or "I've already been praying about it".  Take some time to search your heart.  Have you really released your grip?  Are you really living by this verse, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" {Matthew 6:25-27}.



In other news: I mean, what in the world is the difference between apple juice and apple cider?  They both say 100% apple juice for their ingredients.  Is one aged or something?  I'm just completely confounded by this so, feel free to enlighten  me.

No comments:

Post a Comment