Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursdays {post-holiday edition}.

So, the holidays.  That happened.  Life was outside of its normal realm, routine was nowhere to be found, and I loved every single second of it.  That must mean I was probably too busy downing bags of mint M&M's and watching football to even be bothered by typing something out.  So, here I am catching up on the thankful things I missed, which are especially bountiful (good word choice, right?) this time of year.  Never fear, ladies and gentlemen, here's a double dose!  Enjoy:
  • A clean slate.
  • Hilarity.
  • Surprises.
  • Quality fam time. Until you've experienced a Bagnall/Shanks holiday complete with football, fun in the snow, skype dates, a smorgasbord (yeah, I looked that one up because I like that word) of food including everything plus the roast beast, sharing secrets, sitting close to one another, tickle-fests, card games, prayers, and lots and lots of side-splitting laughter.
  • More sleep.
  • More music...more reading.
  • More time.
  • More reflection.
  • More pancakes.
  • More naps.
  • More hugs.
  • More close talks.
  • More love.
  • More effort.
  • More Darbster shenanigans.  That one is on a roll.
  • More joining this century with an actual flat screen TV (yup, never thought I'd see the day) and a Kindle...already finished 3 books on this sucker and am loving it.
  • Definity.  Is that even a word? No, not divinity, definity meaning definite-esque.  Not sure, but looks like I'll be writing a letter to Webster if not.
  • Breaking the norm and not caring about resolutions or the scale or maintaining or gaining or eating that extra cookie because guess what it's Christmas and Jesus loved German Chocolate Cake so, why the heck not?!
  • THE CANDLELIGHT SERVIES AT HOPE LUTHERAN CHURCH. Honestly, one of the best experiences of my life. I am not joking.  Hilarious, serious, renewing, refreshing, incredible, captivating.  I don't even have words for it...except those...where are you when I need you, Webster?
  • Making goals each and every day, not just January first.
  • Starting each day with intention.
  • This verse, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
  • Unplugging from technology.
  • Practicality with a twist of spontaneaity.
  • Investing in relationships.
  • Wise advice.
  • A good sense of humor.
  • Oatmeal with Nutella mixed in. So illegal, but do not care.
  • A solid body image.  Weird, I know.  And yes, I am a girl...definitley not a normal one.  Feeling beautiful and confident in the One who makes me who I am...from the inside to the outside, but let's be honest...both need a LITTLE work most days, and I say that with complete and total humility.
  • Giving up the reins to the One who's a WAY better driver than me.  And I'm not just saying that because I'm a female.
  • Having the energy to do my own workout and the free time in which to do it, which leads me to....
  • The Mtown Y.  What a gem.  The people watching?  Primetime.  The meat heads with terrible form, loud grunts, and expensive gear?  Priceless.
  • Grandma's recipe book.
  • Passionate people. Passionate about something, anything.
  • The uncertainty of the future, but the complete certainty that God's got it under control and will hold my hand the entire way while making sure I am a semi-functional adult as long as I follow His path for me.  Wow, that was a mouthful.
  • New babies that are actually cute.  Yes, I am talking about Leo.  And yes, I am one of those terrible humans that does not think that all babies are even cute.  Probably not even 75% of them.
  • "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.  I'm about 7 days deep and it's seriously THE BEST devotional I've ever read.  Every single day applies to me and it is 100% always exactly what I needed to hear. Weird.  It's like God knows me or something?! ;)
  • Optimism.
     
    https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=f78fae12de&view=att&th=13c011331d9738c1&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P-v32132c6r4sNjNaVRH5tK&sadet=1357248160604&sads=FpgPfEveLmHr1QX3A5rTOk7E1ck&sadssc=1


    Here's to another year. Bring it on, 2013.  So far we've survived lots of wars, Y2K, some terrible presidents, that whole Kardashian trend thing, and we've outlived the Mayan calendar.  I'd say our chances are looking pretty good...

No comments:

Post a Comment