Recipe for the perfect (weekday)morning:
Waking up 2 minutes before my alarm.
A mind-clearing, focusing, sunrise run.
Some good tunes.
Prayer time. Constantly. Necessary.
Darby's sleepy face.
A good cup of coffee. Make it a grande.
An already packed bag and lunch. You know what's helpful for this? Having groceries.
A "good morning" text. :)
A smile and a positive outlook. Challenge accepted.
Planning for the future...which usually leads to daydreaming, maps, and making plans that God is probably laughing at...
Recipe for the perfect (week)day:
- A good attitude. Yup, it's a choice.
- A few surprises.
- Living my faith out loud.
- My outlook calendar. Organization is key.
- Post-it notes.
- Protein Shakes.
- More good tunes.
- My co-workers.
- Direction from The Big Man Upstairs.
- A night to look forward to.
- A bike ride.
- My to do list.
- A walk with the Darbster.
- The dog park.
- Vitamin D.
- The driving range.
- Pre-packed snacks that make an on-the-go life easy.
- My soccer girls. Their giggles, random comments, love for copying my every move, and questions about boys and life itself.
- Apples and peanut butter.
- Random texts and e-mails from the boy.
- Nap time. As an adult. Real thing.
- Trying to love everyone like Jesus. Challenge accepted.
- Prayers for direction in every decision, for faith in every situation, for patience in every instance, and love and comfort in every second.
Recipe for the perfect (week)night:
- Dinner in the crockpot.
- Playing cards or games.
- Reading a good book.
- Having free time.
- Outdoor activities.
- Spending time with the boy.
- Popcorn and M&M's.
- Playing catch.
- Phone convo's with people I love.
- Going for a walk on the trails.
- Wind down time.
- Ice Cream Dates.
- Outdoor Concerts.
- I Cubs games.
- The feeling of crawling into a bed and letting my joints decompress.
- Clean Sheets.
- Prayers of thanks.