Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday {the blessed beyond measure edition}.

  • Long summer days. And the sunrises and sunsets that book end them.
  • Fully-stocked fridges. Grocery shopping is a rare occasion for this girl...
  • Afternoons by the pool. And a little SPF action.
  • Iowa State gear.
  • Chicago mix popcorn.  Also- Chicago.
  • Getting along with your boss.  Yeah, yeah...the attitude change took long enough, I KNOW.  I know.
  • The Darbster getting back to her normal self: pretty much hyper and lovable.
  • My co-workers.
  • THE LAKEEEEE.  Take me back.
  • Planning future vacations.
  • Faith in a God that is bigger than me and my dreams.
  • Speaking of, dreams for the future...ready to put into action.
  • Summer dresses.
  • I Cubs games.
  • Answered prayers.
  • Bomb pops.
  • Positive attitudes.
  • Road trip music.
  • Funversation.
  • Work days that fly by.
  • Loving my life with ease.
  • Beach towels.
  • S'mores. I think I maybe have mentioned this one before? I mean probably only once.  Twice tops.
  • Quality family time.
  • Card games.
  • Mini golf...even if my short game is TERRIBLE.
  • Children's books.
  • My fancy new bike.  Yup, I'm pretty fast now. Probably Tour De France ready ;)
  • New kicks.
  • Long hugs.
  • The uncontrollable giggles.
  • VITAMIN D. Kind of an obvious one, but still...thankful.
  • Home cooked meals.
  • Sarcasm.Can I get paid for that stuff?
  • Open doors.
  • The difference between mercy and grace and the intangible and tangible appearance of these on the daily.
  • My family.  Seriously cannot say this one enough.
  • Thunderstorms.
  • Weekends.
  • Exciting news.
  • Afternoon naps.
  • Feeling beautiful sans make-up.
  • Teaching a killer class and having people complain about soreness 3 days later.
  • Trust.
  • Pouring into another generation.
  • Pancakes for dinner. French toast for dinner.  Okay, any breakfast food item any time of the day...
  • Skype dates.
  • Fro yo. Yeah, alright...mainly the toppings.
  • Learning to love like Jesus with reckless abandon.
  • Giving up control...it's a beautiful thing.
  • God's will, and walking in it.
  • Coffee mugs. Full ones.
  • World maps.
  • High heels. Okay, okay.  Actually Nikes.
  • This verse:  "He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong." -2 Corinthians 12:9-10
  •  And this sunny day for good measure:

No comments:

Post a Comment