Saturday, July 27, 2013

Thankful Thursdays...on a Saturday...I KNOW, I know.

  • Cool mornings to run during...reminiscent of fall.
  • Speaking of- the thought of fall and everything that comes with it: football, sweatshirts, beautiful runs on the trails, long walks with Darbs where she isn't panting 789728978932 times a second, bonfires, S'mores, and weekends with friends.
  • Good tunes.
  • Driving with my windows down.
  • Downtown festivals.
  • VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL.  I cannot get enough of these kids and their joy and the whirlwind of energy they bring to the world.
  • Snacks.
  • Running. The ability to do so again.  The stress release that is for me.  The energy boost.  The best start to my day.  The attitude changer.  The focuser.  The perspective fixer.  The mindset decision maker.  The prayer time.
  • Having a God who listens.  A God I can come to directly.  A God of grace and mercy and love and kindness, but also a God of direction and correction.
  • People watching.
  • DARBY'S BIRTHDAY!  And with that the reflection of the past year and everything that's happened.
  • Redefined goals. And with that hopefully a side of motivation :)
  • This life stage.
  • Pouring into other people.
  • Time to slow down and enjoy.
  • Iced coffee. 
  • Pancakes.  With chocolate chips.  To celebrate Darby's birthday of course.
  • Fro Yo toppings.  These are the way to my heart.
  • Down time.  Yup, necessary.
  • Skyping with the parental units.  And the fact that we were all wearing birthday hats for the Darbs.  They are so cute.
  • IM'ing with my co-workers who are in the other offices...secretly...well not so secretly when we accidentally laugh out loud at each others comments.  I can't help it that I'm funny.
  • Trying to do handstands in yoga.  One word: comical.  I mean, the last time I even attempted one of those things was probably 1993 when my strength reached it's peak and I could actually do some pull-ups too.
  • Teddy Grahams.
  • S'mores in the oven.  Okay, so I love the real thing better, but when a s'more craving hits an open fire outside of my apartment is not always (ever) an option. #lakewithdrawals
  • Avocados.  I've read that they're good for brain development and even though I'm not under the age of 3, my brain can always use a little developing.
  •  Completing my longest run in a year.
  • The thought of new running shoes.
  • New running shoes.
  • Caramel apples covered in toppings.
  • House hunting.  In my dreams.  I KNOW, I know.
  • This verse: "Direct me in the path of your ways, for there I find delight."- Psalm 119:35.

1 comment:

  1. Got a little endorphin raise just by reading this list! Thanks. Keep on keeping on :)

    ReplyDelete